The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
September 11 National Day of Service & Remembrance: Honoring through Service
As a positive way to forever remember and pay tribute to the victims of September 11, honor those that rose in service in response to the attacks, and to remind people of the importance of working more closely together to improve our world, the Michigan Community Service Commission (MCSC) will be observing September 11as a National Day of Service and Remembrance. We invite you to serve, honor, and remember alongside us on this historic day.
The Michigan Community Service Commission is offering 2022 funding for 9/11 Day Volunteer Projects.
About September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance:
The September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance is the culmination of an effort originally launched in 2002 by 9/11 family members and support groups. It became officially recognized following the passage of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act of April 2009.
9/11 Service Project Resources
- 9/11 Day Toolkits. With specific toolkits for employers, teachers, and nonprofits/government, these toolkits from 911day.org will help you make the most of your 9/11 Day activities.
- United We Serve 9/11 Resources. This site has a range of resources that will be useful to your 9/11 Day events, including communications toolkits, project planning guides, tips for engaging elected officials, digital assets, downloadable posters, and more.
Register Your 9/11 Service Project
Registering projects is an important part of any National Day of Service for the following reasons:
- It allows you to recruit additional volunteers to assist in your local efforts.
- It helps the MCSC, and other key partners, to document and track the various projects occurring locally and across the state.
- It raises awareness with the media and others about the specific 9/11 activities that will be occurring.