The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Employment Lab is designed to work in conjunction with BSBP internal classes such as: Career Counseling and Planning, Job Seeking Skills, Essential Fundamentals for Employment, and other workshops within the Training Center. Referred participants interested in enrolling in this class must consult with their assigned Training Center Counselor.
- Evidence based hands-on approach
- Utilize skills participants are being taught in lectures via formal practice sessions with an employment coach
- Gain confidence and independence in future career exploration
- Gain confidence and independence with various interviewing techniques
- Explore informational interviewing
- Write resumes, cover letters, and learn how to create a job profile
- Mock interviews
- Explore the Career Index Plus (provides real-world career information)
- Learn Labor Market Information
- Work with an employment coach to find job opportunities that meet established goals