The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Adult Education for Providers of Programs
Adult Education provides an opportunity for adults to improve or achieve education levels equivalent to those of high-school graduates each year. Instruction is tailored to meet the individual needs of adult students. Standardized tests identify existing skill levels, appropriate instruction, and academic gains due to instruction.
Important Program Information
- Program Administration
Important grant administration information for state and federally funded adult education recipients.
- Adult Education Policies
Policies for operating state and federally funded adult education programs in Michigan.
- Michigan Adult Education Reporting System (MAERS)
MAERS website link, forms training and reference materials for using MAERS.
Adult education general and program resources for administrators, teachers and support staff.
- Futures for Frontliners (F4F)-Path 2 Handbook (PDF)
Professional Development Materials
State professional development activities have been moved to our learning management system, Keywe. Please visit Keywe to create an account, view and access all trainings and videos.
The recordings and slide decks for the State of Adult Education and Futures for Frontliners-Path 2 meetings have been moved to Keywe.
Program Overview and FAQs
- Adult Education Program Overview
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education under WIOA - FAQs
- Federal - Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education - (OCTAE) Memos
- State of Michigan, Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, Workforce Development - Policy Issuances
- Learn More Earn More Outreach Campaign Materials
- Adult Education Provider Toolkit
- Employer Fact Sheet
- General Fact Sheet
- HSE Fact Sheet
- ESL Fact Sheet
- Arabic Outreach Materials
- Spanish Outreach Materials
- Futures for Frontliners (F4F) - Path 2 Outreach Materials
Curious about the work of Adult Education programs in Michigan? Click here to sign up for relevant emails.