7.05.03: Finding flagged, suspended and bad format records
The night after you submit a report, ORS runs it through an overnight edits and validations program. This program identifies records that do not pass the ORS basic edits and validations. You can see the results of this process by clicking Work On Reports on the Things To Do menu.
The edits and validations process identifies records as:
- F (flagged record) - The record doesn't necessarily contain an error, but it merits further review. Please look at all flagged records to verify that the information is correct. Flagged records will still post.
- S (suspended record) - The record contains one or more errors. You must correct/edit this record before it will post.
- B (bad format record) - The record is badly formatted. You must correct/edit the formatting before the record will post.
These records are further labeled to help you determine which ones you are able to edit.
- ORG Fix - You can correct the error preventing this record from posting.
- In Queue - This record is waiting for a previous pay period's record to post and does not require any action at this time.
- On Hold - This suspended record cannot currently be resolved by the reporting unit.
ORS provides several tools to find and correct records that our system marked as flagged, suspended or bad format. For more information see sections: