Coastal Management Program
Michigan is graced with the nation’s longest freshwater coastline bordered by four of the five Great Lakes. With this blessing comes great responsibility for the protection and preservation of its natural resources and cultural heritage for current and future generations.
Fresh Coast, Best Coast
Established in 1978, the Michigan Coastal Management Program (MCMP) is committed to providing substantial technical assistance and strategic grant funding to assist in coastal communities’ ability to understand risks and options to mitigate coastal hazards; create healthy habitats that provide for human use and enjoyment; support coastal eco-tourism opportunities while ensuring for safe public access; and support resilient and sustainable coastal economies. As connectors and collaborators, the MCMP advances the research on a changing climate, resilient planning methods, and seeks balanced approaches to sustainable coastline.
If you have any questions about the MCMP, contact Ronda Wuycheck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-420-5921.
This page can be accessed as www.michigan.gov/coastalmanagement
- Coastal Management 2022 Grant Funding Opportunity Information
- FY21/22 Budget Proposal Form
- FY21/22 Attorney Title Opinion
- FY21/22 Public Ownership Affidavit
- FY21/22 Resolution of Support
- Coastal Management Program Grantee Manual - 2019
- Contractor's Qualification Form - Coastal Management Program
- 2019 Coastal Grants Awarded
- 2020 Coastal Grants Awarded