Welcome to the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
The Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) believes in the capacity of people who are blind or visually impaired to achieve employment and independence. BSBP provides training and other services that empower people to achieve their individual goals.
If you live in Michigan and you're blind or visually impaired, the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons will work with you to define your goals and identify appropriate training and other services. Funded by federal and state taxes, BSBP provides counseling and training in skills for daily living without vision. Depending upon your needs and eligibility for specific services, BSBP may also provide some types of adaptive equipment, computer software, and postsecondary education.
- Libraries Without Walls Conference Showcases Adaptive Technology for the Blind
- No Barriers Climb Program Empowers Blind or Visually Impaired Students at Leadership Retreat
- Mini Adjustment Program Offers Big Benefits to Those New to Blindness
- Archived BSBP Press Releases
- Community and Business Partners Highly Commended at Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Honor Roll Awards