Part 1. General Provisions Online Course
What You'll Learn:
This half-day online class thoroughly discusses the requirements of MIOSHA Part 1. General Provisions. Topics include:
- Complete review and interpretation of the standard
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Terms and definitions
- Basic machine installations and controls
- Guards and devices used in industry
- Specific guarding requirements
- Horizontal vs. Vertical Standards
- Employee and Employer Responsibilities
- Housekeeping and Storage Requirements
- Basic Machine Guarding Options
- Examples of Acceptable Guarding
- Specific Machine Guarding Requirements
- Point of Operation and Pinch Points
- Press Brakes
- Overhead doors
- October 1 - December 15, 2021 (register between October 1 - December 8, 2021 to participate)
- January 1 - March 15, 2022 (register between January 1 - March 8, 2022 to participate)
- April 1 - June 15, 2022 (register between April 1 - June 8, 2022 to participate)
- July 1 - September 15, 2022 (register between July 1 - September 8, 2022 to participate)
1. Go to https://wce.macomb.edu
2. Click on LOGIN/CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Click on Create New Profile.
- Click Submit on the Profile Creation screen.
- Enter all fields in Step 1 and click Continue.
- Enter all fields in Step 2 and click Submit.
3. Click Browse and choose Class(es),
- Click a category (Occupational Safety) then subcategory (MIOSHA)
- Choose course
- Choose Add to Cart.
4. Click Checkout at the top of the page.
- Your shopping cart will display, click and review Policies and check the box to agree.
- Select Checkout, type your signature and click I Agree.
- Answer the question: How did you learn about this class? and choose Continue.
- Enter all payment information and click Process Payment.
5. Your registration is complete and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
For registration questions, or to request an invoice, contact Macomb Community College/Steve Stopin or 586-498-4106.
For course questions, contact MIOSHA CET/Brenda Cani or 517-719-7257.
Click here for additional MIOSHA Training Courses. Click here for additional MTI Information.