Part 2. Walking-Working Surfaces Online Course
What You'll Learn:
Part 2.Walking-Working Surfaces is a performance rule set and intended to provide information regarding safety in all places of employment where employees access horizontal and vertical walking-working surfaces. The rules are an adoption of the Federal OSHA's Walking-Working Surface Rules and provides minimum performance guidance for employers to follow where employees use fixed and portable ladders, mobile ladder stands and mobile ladder stand platforms, step bolts and manhole steps, stairways and dockboards, scaffolds and rope decent systems. Emphasis is placed on duty to have fall protection and falling object protection, fall protection and falling object protection criteria and practices, and training requirements.
- Discuss employer responsibilities related to Part 2.
- Review employee responsibilities.
- Discuss specific rules of established standards.
- Identify hazards and control methods associated with maintenance and repairs of fixed and portable ladders.
- Identify construction parameters of systems used for walking and working surfaces, gaining elevation, skylights, and associated protective measures.
- Provide the student with the ability to navigate standards in order to apply established standards in the workplace.
- October 1 - December 15, 2021 (register between October 1 - December 8, 2021 to participate)
- January 1 - March 15, 2022 (register between January 1 - March 8, 2022 to participate)
- April 1 - June 15, 2022 (register between April 1 - June 8, 2022 to participate)
- July 1 - September 15, 2022 (register between July 1 - September 8, 2022 to participate)
1. Go to https://wce.macomb.edu
2. Click on LOGIN/CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Click on Create New Profile.
- Click Submit on the Profile Creation screen.
- Enter all fields in Step 1 and click Continue.
- Enter all fields in Step 2 and click Submit.
3. Click Browse and choose Class(es),
- Click a category (Occupational Safety) then subcategory (MIOSHA)
- Choose course
- Choose Add to Cart.
4. Click Checkout at the top of the page.
- Your shopping cart will display, click and review Policies and check the box to agree.
- Select Checkout, type your signature and click I Agree.
- Answer the question: How did you learn about this class? and choose Continue.
- Enter all payment information and click Process Payment.
5. Your registration is complete and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
For registration questions, or to request an invoice, contact Macomb Community College/Steve Stopin or 586-498-4106.
For course questions, contact MIOSHA CET/Mike Brodzik or 517-242-8127.
Click here for additional MIOSHA Training Courses. Click here for additional MTI Information.