Union Audits --File and View
HOUSE BILL No. 6074
§10(9) By July 1 of each year, each exclusive bargaining representative that represents public employees in this state shall have an independent examiner verify the exclusive bargaining representative's calculation of all expenditures attributed to the costs of collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance adjustment during the prior calendar year and shall file that verification with the commission. The commission shall make the exclusive bargaining representative's calculations available to the public on the commission's website. The exclusive bargaining representative shall also file a declaration identifying the local bargaining units that are represented. Local bargaining units identified in the declaration filed by the exclusive bargaining representative are not required to file a separate calculation of all expenditures attributed to the costs of collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance adjustment.
§9(2)(d) - Public employees may do any of the following:(d) Pay the costs of an independent examiner verification as described in section 10(9).
§15(13) - An agreement with a collective bargaining unit shall not require a public employer to pay the costs of an independent examiner verification described in section 10(9).
FILE A UNION AUDIT
NOTE - Union Audit filing process is being updated in light of the recent changes to the Revised MERC eFile system. To file new audits send your audit to www.UnionAudits@michigan.gov.
1. All Union Audits are submitted via the MERC e-File system (effective 3/4/19).
2. Search for the Union's Account in the search bar at the top of the search page.
* To use your old audit registration number just type in the last 5 numbers in the search bar. (Example: R012345 would be 12345)
3. Select the correct Union Account under the "Entities" section of the search results.
At the top right of the Union Account page, hit the "File Union Audit" link and follow directions.
5. If the Union's Account is not found in MERC e-File, complete the Union Account Creation form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Account Creation Form (If no union account exists) (NEW)
6. Click here to File A Union Audit (by Clicking here I agree to use the system in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined under the General Infomation link)
VIEW A UNION AUDIT
1. Audit Year 2018 and after-
a. Access MERC e-File (see above #6)
b. Search for the specific Union's Account in the search bar at the top of the search page.
c. Select the correct Union Account under the "Entities" section of the search results.
d. In the lower portion of the screen is the section entitled Union Audits showing each audit filed in that Union's account.