The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Local Veterans Employment Representative
Local Veterans' Employment Representatives perform a wide range of duties on behalf of veterans, specifically relating to employer outreach. They promote the advantages of hiring veterans to employers, employer associations, and business groups and advocate for all veterans served by the Michigan Works! network with business, industry, and other community-based organizations by participating in appropriate activities such as:
- Planning and participating in job and career fairs
- Conducting employer outreach
- In conjunction with employers, conducting job searches and workshops, and establishing job search groups
- Coordinating with unions, apprenticeship programs, and businesses to promote and secure employment and training opportunities for veterans
- Coordinating and participating with other business outreach efforts