WIDA ACCESS for ELLs
WIDA Screener and W-APT for Michigan
The WIDA ACCESS for ELLs suite of assessments comprises secure large-scale English language proficiency assessments administered to Kindergarten through 12th grade students who have been identified as English learners (ELs). The assessments are given annually in Michigan to monitor students’ progress in acquiring academic English, and include Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs, ACCESS for ELLs online and paper-based, and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs.
The WIDA Screener and Kindergarten W-APT (WIDA ACCESS Placement Test) are assessment screening tools used by educators to measure the English language proficiency of students who have recently arrived in the U.S. or in a particular district. It can help to determine whether or not a child is in need of English language instructional services.
- Guide to State Assessments 2019-2020
- Excel File of Important Dates for All Spring 2020 Assessments
- Michigan Specific Directions for WIDA ACCESS for ELLs, Spring 2020
- WIDA Test Administration Manual, Michigan Specific, Spring 2020
- Assessment Integrity Guide
- List of Important Dates, Spring 2020
- WIDA Incident Reporting Reference Table
- Michigan Access for ELLs Paper Checklist, Spring 2020
- Michigan Access for ELLs Online Checklist, Spring 2020
- Tier Placement Protocol for WIDA Access for ELLs
- Accountability Best Practices: Data Reporting Guide for Trouble-free Accountability 2018-19
- Security Compliance Form
- Home Language Surveys
- WIDA Paper Screener Order Form
- Michigan WIDA Screener & W-APT Policy Manual
- How to Check for WIDA Screener and W-APT Scores in the OEAA Secure Site
- WIDA Secure Portal
The WIDA Secure Portal is the online system through which educators access training and certification quizzes for the WIDA assessments. The Secure Portal also allows educators to download the Kindergarten W-APT materials and some WIDA Screener materials.
- How to Enter WIDA Screener and W-APT Scores in OEAA Secure Site
- Assessment Security Training Information
- Assessment Administrators Resources
- Important Dates, Test Administration Manuals, and other documents in one location for all state assessments.
- Assessment Coordinator Training Guide
- Student Supports and Accommodations Webinar Links & Powerpoints
- Secure Site Training Documentation
- English Learner (EL) Exit Reporting Guidelines, 2018/2019
- WIDA Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Selection Guidance
- 3-Year OEAA Calendar for Michigan's Statewide Summative Assessments 2019-2021
- MDE Waiver Request to USED for English Learner Assessment
- How do I get access to WIDA AMS?
- Michigan WIDA AMS user Roles Matrix
- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Test Exceptions and False EL Guidance
- English Learner (EL) Assessment & Accountability Pitfalls FAQ
- EL Entrance and Exit Protocol
- Secure Site Support Documents
- Complaint or Allegation of Misadministration
Please click on this link and use this form to report any suspected violation of assessment integrity or ethical conduct.
- Every Student Succeeds ACT (ESSA)
- Spotlight Newsletter
- Student User Guide - MILearn Student Assessment Score Reporting Site
- Parent User Guide - MILearn Student Assessment Score Reporting Site
- Parent Teacher Conference Guide
- MiLearn Informational Flyer
View your child's score reports directly from your local Student Information System
- Family Engagement