The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fertilizer Products Certificate of Free Sale for MDARD License Holders
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development's (MDARD) Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division offers and processes Certificates of Free Sale for fertilizer related products. Issued certificates expire 1 year from the date of issuance.
$60 for the initial certificate.
$10 for each additional certificate.
Requestor must be currently licensed by MDARD's Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division as a Commercial Fertilizer Processor.
Requests must be made by completing the Certificate of Free Sale Request Form and submit the completed form, in a Microsoft Word format, to MDARD-AnimalFeed@michigan.gov.
Information needed to complete the Certificate of Free Sale Request Form includes:
- Request Date
- Name of person requesting the certificate
- Licensed company's name
- Complete physical address of the facility, including city and ZIP code
- Complete mailing address of the facility, including city and ZIP code
- Quantity of certificates being requested
- Certificate type
- Name of Product(s) to be listed on the certificate
- "Ship to Country" if the country is required on the certificate
- Shipping method requested
- Standard shipping via US Postal Service
- Special mailing requests may be accommodated at the requestor's expense (must include a prepaid, printable label for all UPS and FedEx shipments)
Processing time is typically 5-10 business days.
Michigan Fertilizer Law, Part 85, as amended
For more information about this Certificate of Free Sale, please contact Timothy Lyons, Animal Feed Safety Program Manager, Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division, 517-284-5644.