The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Voting system purchase
VOTING SYSTEM PURCHASE RESOURCES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICHIGAN'S ELECTION OFFICIALS
In 2017 and 2018, Michigan’s counties, cities and townships will gradually replace voting systems statewide. On January 24, 2017, the State Administrative Board approved three vendor systems to proceed with statewide contracts:
- Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. - (http://dominionvoting.com/)
- Election Systems and Software (ES&S) – (http://www.essvote.com/)
- Hart Intercivic, Inc. – (http://www.hartintercivic.com/)
Selection of the specific system to be used in each county will be coordinated by the County Clerk. Information on this page is provided to assist election officials in evaluating the various system and to coordinate the eventual purchase process; this information will be updated continuously as additional information and resources become available. Please bookmark this page and continue to use it to find all pertinent information related to the replacement of your current system and the purchase process for your new voting system.
As always, questions may be directed to the Bureau of Elections via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone at 800-292-5973.
Vendor Selection / Purchase Process
- Voting System Sample Board Resolution - Retained at the local office
- Instructions - Vendor Selection
- Vendor Selection Summary
- Vendor Selection Map
- County Quotes for Hart Intercivic, Inc.
- County Quotes for Election Systems and Software (ES&S)
- County Quotes for Dominion Voting Systems, Inc.
- Voting System Purchase Flowchart