The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Staff Retention and Career Development
Roughly one in four of today’s 20-year-olds can expect to be out of work for at least a year because of a disabling condition before they reach the normal retirement age*. You have invested a lot into your employees, and you want to retain them.
Michigan Rehabilitation Services can help by providing services such as:
Return to work strategies after an illness or injury.
- Exploring implementation of items, services, and accommodations to assist an employee in returning to work after an illness or injury.
Job maintenance and retention approaches
- Support to both the business and its employees to adhere to productivity needs while minimizing your employee's risk of illness or injury.
- Services to develop strategies to ensure both the business and employee with a disability benefit from their continued employment.
Injury prevention and wellness programming
- Services to prevent injuries to workers include Work Risk Analysis to evaluate a job classification, identify areas that present increased risk and recommend actions to reduce or eliminate them.
- Training to increase understanding of how to evaluate and improve worker’s health, and information about ergonomic worksite set up. In addition, a program can be developed with specific stretches focused on the tasks performed on the job.
Support for career development of your existing employees
- Services to support the process of choosing a career, improving skills, and advancing along a career path.
* Social Security Administration, Disability and Death Probability Tables for Insured Workers Born in 2000. https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/ran6/an2020-6.pdf. Table A.
Request services for your business!
Customer assistance telephone number:
517-241-0314 or Toll free: 1-888-271-8337
All accessibility issues and concerns related to the MRS website can be communicated to LEO-MRS-Website@michigan.gov.
To request services for a business, use the below form:
BND Request Form
Or find the office nearest you by using the below locator:
MRS Office Locator