The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MiLogin and online accounts
What is MiLogin?
MiLogin is the centralized State of Michigan's identity management solution that allows users the ability to access many state services and systems online across multiple state agencies, using a single user ID and password. MiLogin is managed by the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB). More information about MiLogin is available on their website.
Why are residents required to create an account?
A MiLogin account securely registers a resident's information, maintains their privacy, and provides them with access to multiple online state services using one account.
Will I have to create separate MiLogin accounts for different state agencies?
No. Only one account is necessary to access all online state services that require a MiLogin account.
How do I create a citizen's MiLogin account?
To create a MiLogin account, visit milogin.michigan.gov. You may also create an account and access Secretary of State services by visiting Online Services.
Please note: you will need to provide your Michigan driver's license or state ID card to create a MiLogin account.
- If you are creating an account for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your name, email, and phone. While it is optional to enter a phone number, entering both is recommended.
- You will then be prompted to set up your username and password. The guidelines for both are listed in a gray-colored box. You may select both email and mobile password recovery methods at the bottom of the page if you submitted both on the previous page.
- Once you have chosen your username and password/password recovery options, select "Create Account" at the bottom of the page.
- Identity verification is the last step before accessing your MiLogin account.
- If your vehicle is registered in your name, rather than a business or organization name, select "No" for the first question.
- Next, enter your name exactly as it appears on your Michigan driver's license or ID. This may include putting your middle name in the first name box. If your name includes hyphens, you may need to try entering your name multiple ways. If the system does not accept your submission, try adding or removing any hyphens or middle names.
- When prompted to submit an ID number, enter the twelve-digit number from your driver's license or ID.
- Select "Confirm" to finish setting up your MiLogin account. You will be redirected to a new page with state services you may access through your MiLogin account.
Can I set up a MiLogin account for my organization?
Yes, MiLogin provides the option to create an account for an individual resident or a third-party account for large groups, including businesses, organizations, government entities, dealers, and repair facilities.
Third-party accounts can be created and accessed at the following link: https://milogintp.michigan.gov/eai/tplogin/authenticate?URL=/.
I forgot my password. What should I do?
I forgot my username. What should I do?
I am locked out of my account. What should I do?
Your account will unlock after 30 minutes. Please wait and try again.
If you find you are locked out of Secretary of State online services for over thirty minutes, please close all web browsers, open a new browser, manually type in Michigan.gov/SOS and select Go to Online Services. Please do not use any completions, web links or search engine links. This will give you a 'clean' version of the site and allow you to log in.
The account may lock after too many incorrect password attempts. If you find your account is locked for a different reason, please call 888-767-6424 for assistance.
I received a message stating my information is 'incorrect.' What does this mean?
Please check your driver's license or state ID card number and any other data you entered to verify that it is correct. If you do not have a Michigan driver's license or state ID card, you will not be able to create a MiLogin account. If your name contains hyphens, please try the name with and without hyphens, and without any other special characters such as apostrophes. If these attempts do not resolve the error, please call 888-767-6424 for assistance.
I am unable to log into my MiLogin account because the system says I'm still logged in on another device. What do I do?
Please close all web browsers, open a new browser, manually type in Michigan.gov/SOS and select Go to Online Services. Please do not use any completions, web links or search engine links. This will give you a 'clean' version of the site and allow you to log in.
If you are still unable to access your MiLogin account, please try a different browser or electronic device and note that the application does not function well with phones or tablets. Should you continue to experience difficulty logging into your account, please call 888-767-6424 for assistance.
Why has my account been disabled?
MiLogin accounts automatically disable after 18 months of inactivity. To restart your account, call the help desk for the state agency that provides the service you are trying to access.
If you are trying to complete a Secretary of State transaction through MiLogin, call 888-767-6424 to have your account reactivated. Please be prepared to provide your username and the email address you used to create your MiLogin account.
Can I create more than one MiLogin account?
In order to create a MiLogin account, you will need to provide a unique email address that is not currently being used by another MiLogin account. If you are unable to access your MiLogin account and are trying to create a new login using the same email, please contact the Michigan Department of State Information Center at 888-767-6424 for assistance in enabling your account.
How do I create a citizen's MiLogin account?
MiLogin accounts automatically disable after 18 months of inactivity. If you would like to deactivate your account, please call the help desk for the agency that provides the service you access through MiLogin.
If you previously created a MiLogin account to access Secretary of State services, call 888-767-6424 to have your account deactivated. Please be prepared to provide your username and the email address you used to create your MiLogin account.
How can I update the email account or phone number registered with my MiLogin account?
Once logged into your MiLogin account, you may update your information by clicking on the Update Profile link on the MiLogin home page. Should you experience difficulty, please call 888-767-6424 for assistance.