• Visit these water parks located in state parks!

    General Information:

    • Water parks open May 22, 2020.
    • You must be at least 48" tall (45" for WhoaZone) to use the equipment.
    • If arriving by vehicle, a Recreation Passport is required for park entry.
    • Ticket, reservation info and additional amenities can be found on each park's website.


  • Please visit the individual website for each park for full rules, ticket prices and hours of operation:

  • kids jumping on the water equipment at warrior island Water Warrior Island - Van Riper State Park

    Located in the Upper Peninsula on Lake Michigamme in Van Riper State Park, this floating playground includes 20-foot water slides, rock climbing walls, trampolines, floating walkways and a ninja-warrior-like obstacle course.

  • kids jumping on the water park at WhoaZone in Holly Recreation Area WhoaZone at Heron Beach - Holly Recreation Area

    This course offers four different routes with four different challenge levels – from easy up to challenging. Visitors can climb, jump, crawl and slide on the gigantic springboard, semi-circle step, the wiggle bridge, half-pipe and more. A special water play area is available for kids at least 4 years between 39"-59".

  • Water Warrior Island Bald Mountain Recreation Area Water Warrior Island - Bald Mountain Rec Area

    Have fun in the sun in Oakland County. Unleash your inner warrior and attack this ninja warrior course, defeat the 20-foot wall, conquer the 25-foot slide and swing and blast yourself into the air. The course will challenge your abilities to climb, jump, balance and grip and test your strength.


  • a map showing the locations of the water parks

  • Recreation Passport Logo

    A Recreation Passport is required for entry into most state parks, recreation areas, state forest campgrounds, boating access sites and state trailheads.