The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The DNR, on behalf of the State of Michigan, accepts applications to lease state-owned metallic minerals by direct lease or sealed-bid auction. Types of metallic minerals available to lease in Michigan include, but are not limited to, copper and nickel.
Sign up for Metallic Minerals Leasing Alerts
Direct Lease Requests
Aquila Resources USA - Menominee County
- Parcel Classification Report
- Virtual public meeting notice (meeting took place Nov. 23)
- See recording of Nov. 23 public meeting
Great Lakes Exploration - Marquette County
Great Lakes Exploration - Menominee County
Keweenaw Land Association - Dickinson County
- Parcel Classification Report - Sagnola Township
- Map - Sagnola Township
- Parcel Classification Report - Breen and Norway Townships
- Map - Breen and Norway Townships