Skip to main content

Accessibility Permits

The list of permits below are specifically for people with a disability.

For a list of all DNR permits, please visit our Buy and Apply page.

Search for all DNR permits »

Permits and information for people with a disability

Argo use on state land

This addresses only Michigan state regulations. To determine regulations on federal property, contact the federal agency with jurisdiction over the areas where you wish to operate.

Bow permits for hunters with disabilities

A person with a temporary or permanent disability may apply for a permit to use a crossbow or modified bow during the late archery season in the Upper Peninsula or the Bear Archery season.

ORV certification for persons with a disability

Persons that meet certain criteria are permitted to operate licensed ATVs or ORVs on forest roads that are open to public vehicular travel on state lands, including those not posted open to ORVs.

Permit to hunt from a standing vehicle

A person who is permanently disabled and unable to walk in a hunting situation, may apply for a permit to hunt from a standing vehicle.

Hunting on game bird preserves for people with disabilities

Creates an exception for a person with a disability to requirements regarding the transport and possession of a firearm in a vehicle, and allows a person with a disability to possess a loaded firearm and discharge it to take an animal from in or upon a vehicle, other than a car or truck, if the vehicle is not moving.

Laser sighting devices for hunters with disabilities

Information about using a laser sighting device to take gave with a firearm or crossbow for hunters who are legally blind and for hunters with other permanent disabilities.

Use of ground blinds on public land by hunters with disabilities

Any person who has been issued a permit to hunt from a standing vehicle, or who has been issued a disabled person parking permit by the Secretary of State, or who meets the disability standards set forth in the Michigan Off-Road Recreational Vehicle Law, may use a constructed ground blind on public land.