How To Read The Price Book
- MI – This indicates products from Licensed Michigan Distillers.
- ADA # – This number indicates which ADA warehouses the liquor product.
- LIQUOR CODE – This is the liquor code number assigned to the product.
- BRAND NAME – This is the brand name of the liquor product. The abbreviation PL designates plastic.
- PROOF – This is the alcohol proof of the product.
- SIZE IN ML – This is the bottle size in milliliters.
- PACK SIZE- This is the number of bottles per case.
- BASE PRICE - This amount represents what the State of Michigan paid for the liquor (including the Federal Excise Tax), plus a 65% markup to pay the distribution costs and provide revenue for the State and the retail licensees.
- LICENSEE PRICE – This amount represent the price paid by licensees. It includes the 17% licensee discount and the specific taxes of 4% + 4% + 4%, computed on the base price.
- MINIMUM SHELF PRICE – This amount is the minimum price to be shown on the SDD licensee’s shelf. The 6% sales tax is not included. As of November 30, 2004, licensees may charge a higher price than the state’s set minimum retail selling price. SDDs may not charge a lower price than the Minimum Retail Shelf Price set by the MLCC.
- NEW/CHNG – This indicates a new item or change in the minimum retail shelf price from the previous quarterly price book.