Skip to main content

Adult Foster Care/ Homes for the Aged


Applicant Picture
Licensee Picture


For info on the most recent Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Epidemic Order (including Requirements for Residential Care Facilities and Testing in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Homes for the Aged, and Adult Foster Care Facilities), please visit the MDHHS Epidemic Order website.  Questions on Epidemic orders can be sent via email or you can call the general COVID hotline: 888-535-6136.

Special Note: The State of Michigan does not license assisted or independent living facilities.  Please note, however, that a Home for the Aged or Adult Foster Care Home license may be required if the level of care provided at the facility meets the licensing requirements of one of these license types.

The Bureau is pleased to provide a new feature through GovDelivery which allows you to sign up for announcements and alerts from the Bureau of Community and Health Systems by specific provider types. Your information will not be shared.
Sign up to receive announcements and alerts from BCHS!

Home and Community Based Services

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services recently issued a new set of rules for the delivery of Home and Community Based Services through Medicaid waiver programs. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services will be developing a transition plan to bring its waiver programs into compliance with the new regulations. Please click here for more information.