Skip to main content

License Application Packet

Applying for a License

To apply for a Child Care Home or Center license see the instructions below and apply online at MiLogin.

Only updated Internet Explorer, FireFox, or Google Chrome browsers are compatible with MiLogin.  You may be required to add "" to your compatibility view settings for the application to be submitted successfully.

You may find the written instructions and/or video tutorial on creating a MiLogin account helpful when navigating the website:

Video Tutorial -

To apply for a new license or renew a license, use the applicable applications below.

Adult Foster Care

Adult Foster Care Family Home - Original

Adult Foster Care Group Home - Original

Adult Foster Care Family Home - Renewal

Adult Foster Care Group Home - Renewal

Adult Foster Care Application - Special Certification - BCAL-1053


Print and read the applicable Licensing Rules for your Adult Foster Care Home, and 1979 PA 218 prior to submitting your application.  Also see Important Notice below regarding reimbursement from MDHHS.


Important Notice: Providers who anticipate receiving payments from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) or the Michigan Department of Education (MDE)

If you are a provider/licensed child care provider that will be expecting compensation for services performed for MDHHS/MDE clients, you need to register with the Statewide Integrated Governmental Management Applications (SIGMA) Vendor Self Service (VSS) at

Click on the Register button. Once registered in SIGMA VSS, you will receive a SIGMA Vendor ID that will allow you to get paid for services performed.  Please note, if you do not register and obtain a SIGMA Vendor ID, MDHHS will not be able to process your payment.

If you have any problems and/or need assistance during the registration process, please contact SIGMA Vendor Payment Support at 1-855-443-6424.

Homes for the Aged

Homes for the Aged - Original

Homes for the Aged – Exemption from Licensure

Print and read the Licensing Rules for Home for the Aged, and 1978 PA 368 (emphasis Part 201 and 213) prior to submitting your application.