The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Protect Your Identity - Don't Get Scammed
Important information for licensee identity protection.
State of Michigan licensees may have encountered spam emails or spam websites impersonating the Department of Licensing of Regulatory Affairs (LARA) communications.
We want you to understand how and when LARA communicates with you. To help you determine when a contact is from LARA, please remember:
- Be cautious of unsolicited requests for any personal information. LARA will not contact you directly asking for personal information.
- Be suspicious of any unexpected emails or links to websites. If your personal information is compromised, it may be used in other fraud schemes.
- Do not respond to or open hyperlinks in emails or text messages requesting to validate your personal data.
- Do not share your licensing, personal, or financial information over the telephone or via text message with a purported representative of the Department. If asked for sensitive information, please request the representative to contact you from a michigan.gov email account or provide you with an official request by mail. You may also contact us at the email address or phone number below to verify if the Department is requesting any information from you.
- If there are any hyperlinks, check the link or URL before clicking. LARA websites will have the “Michigan.gov” domain name.
- Correspondence from LARA will always include a contact number or email address.
- If you suspect fraud, report it immediately online to BPLHelp@michigan.gov.
Should you have specific questions regarding this email communication or would like to report a possible scam regarding licensees, please contact our office at BPLHelp@michigan.gov.