The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Code Official Programs
Requirements for Education and Training Programs
- A clearly defined statement of purpose and objective must be submitted.
- Instructors must be approved in advance or concurrently with program approval application.
- Facilities and equipment must be suitable and consistent with the purpose, design, and intended outcome of each learning experience.
- Instructional materials and other resources essential for the successful presentation of the program must be submitted.
- A student or trainee evaluation process must be established to assess the qualifications of those successfully completing the program.
- A permanent record of trainee activity must be established including course titles, attendance records, individual registration numbers, and course evaluation criteria.
Continuing Education Programs
The Approved Continuing Education Programs List is a listing of approved programs for building officials, building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing inspectors, and plan reviewers. The list is updated after each Construction Code Commission meeting.
|HOURS REQUIRED FOR RE-REGISTRATION
|RULES AND ACTS||18 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)||4 hrs (b)|
|TECHNICAL||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)||16 hrs (a)|
|PLAN REVIEW||2 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs|
|SPECIALTY||8 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)||12 hrs (a)|
|TOTAL||44 hrs||34 hrs||34 hrs||34 hrs||34 hrs||40 hrs||40 hrs||40 hrs||40 hrs|
Questions regarding licensing requirements should be directed to the Bureau’s Licensing Section at 517-241-9316.