The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Notice Regarding New Elevator and Escalator Test Reports
For elevator tests completed prior to June 20, 2018, the Elevator Division will accept the following forms:
- BCC-3277 “Test Report of Governors, Safety Devices, Oil Buffers, Relief Valves and Firefighter’s Emergency Operation”
- BCC-0450 “Periodic Test for Electric Elevators”
- BCC-0451 “Periodic Test for Hydraulic Elevators”
For elevator, escalator, and moving walk tests completed after June 19, 2018, the Elevator Division will only accept the following forms:
- BCC-3401 “Test Report of Elevators”
- BCC-3402 “Test Report of Escalators and Moving Walks”
Test forms BCC-3401 and BCC-3402 can be obtained on the Bureau's Forms webpage.
Beginning June 20, 2018, the testing requirements of the Michigan Elevator Rules (Rules) will be enforced for all elevators. Then, beginning June 20, 2019, the testing requirements of the Rules will be enforced for all escalators and moving walks.