The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Licensing Rules and Statutes
The licensing rules for Adult Foster Care and Home for the Aged facilities provide minimum standards for these regulated facilities. The Adult Foster Care Act (PA 218 of 1979) and the Public Health Code (PA 368 of 1978) provides the Department’s authority to establish these rules.
Adult Foster Care
- Adult Foster Care Facility Licensing Act 218 of 1979
- Licensing Rules for Adult Foster Care Family Homes
- Licensing Rules for Adult Foster Care Small Group Homes (12 or less)
- Licensing Rules for Adult Foster Care Large Group Homes (13-20)
- Licensing Rules for Adult Foster Care Congregate Facilities (21 or more)
- Certification of Specialized Programs Offered in Adult Foster Care Home to Clients with Mental Illness or Developmental Disability
- Good Moral Character
- Bureau of Fire Safety Rules for Adult Foster Care Homes (7 or more)
Home for the Aged
- Homes for the Aged Public Health Code (emphasis Part 201 and 213)
- Licensing Rules for Homes for the Aged