The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Professional License Disciplinary Action Expungements
The Michigan Setting Aside Convictions Act (Act 213 of 1965), as modified by the Michigan Clean Slate Act (Act 193 of 2020), establishes that some professional license disciplinary actions may be eligible to be set-aside or “expunged” in whole, or in part, if the disciplinary order was based on a conviction that has been set-aside.
If your criminal conviction was set-aside (expunged) automatically or by application, pursuant to the Setting Aside Convictions Act (MCL 780.621 et seq.), and you would like to request an expungement of your professional license’s disciplinary action, please provide the following to BPL-Monitoring@michigan.gov:
- A written request that includes your name, professional license number, and the disciplinary case number (if you know it).
- Evidence that your conviction has been set-aside.
Disciplinary action set-aside determinations will be based on the violations detailed within your final order, accordingly:
- Final orders based only on the criminal convictions will receive a full expungement of the disciplinary action.
- Final order based on both criminal convictions and other non-conviction violations, will receive a partial expungement, removing any reference to the criminal conviction only.
- Final order based only on non-conviction violations, will not be eligible for expungement.
Once the Department has completed processing your disciplinary action expungement request, an email will be sent to the email address from which the Department received the request, detailing the extent of the expungement eligibility (Full, Partial, or Ineligible), including the completion date.
Eligible expungements will include sanitizing the Department’s disciplinary history, removal of references and documents from reports and publications, as applicable.
Expungement questions and requests can be submitted to BPL-Monitoring@michigan.gov.