Reservation Rates & Operating Dates
The following fees do not include the non-refundable fee that is assessed when making reservations in advance at www.midnrreservations.com ($8) or 1-800-44-PARKS ($10).
Camping rate adjustments
The Michigan state park system, as a whole, operates on funding provided by camping fees (approximately 48%), Recreation Passport sales and other user fees. New camping rate adjustment took effect Nov. 1, 2017, and will support critical infrastructure repairs and improvements across the state. As of Nov. 1, 2017, the tiered camping rate adjustments (based on summer campground occupancy rates) are:
- $2.67 per camp night (on average) rate increase for state park campgrounds with occupancy greater than 84%.
- $2.42 per camp night (on average) rate increase for state park campgrounds with occupancy between 66% and 83%.
- $1.13 per camp night (on average) rate increase for state park campgrounds with occupancy less than 66%.
- Campsites with full hook-up (50-amp electrical service, water and sewer) increase by $4.23 per camp night.
- Rustic campsites in state parks increase from $13 to $17 per camp night.
- All state forest campground rates increase by $2.
- Equestrian state park campgrounds increase from $17 to $20 per camp night.
- Shower fee for non-registered campers increase from $3 to $5.
- There is an additional fee of $10 per night/pet/cabin or $15 per night/pet/lodge in Harrisville, Leelanau, Sleepy Hollow, Lime Island and Cheboygan ONLY. This is part of a pet-friendly lodging pilot program.