Plan process and timeline
The development of a park general management plan typically take approximately 12 months to complete and include the following steps:
- Conduct internal planning team meetings to gather input from a range of expertise.
- Provide opportunity for stakeholder and public comment via website, surveys and/or workshops.
- Develop a 20-year management zone plan. What are management zones?
- Develop 10-year action goals.
- Conduct public input meetings to review draft plans.
- Complete draft of final plan and initiate approval process.
Following the completion of the plan, the park will work toward plan implementation as budget and staff resources allow. The plan will be reviewed and updated, as required, every five years.
Department of Natural Resources