The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Birds Are My Peeps
Join DNR educator Katie McGlashen from Waterloo State Recreation Area to connect with nature and learn more about local birds, how to observe them and ways to identify them using simple tools. We will also discuss things you can do to help birds and other wildlife in your community. This 30-minute presentation will meet these learning outcomes:
- Learn to recognize a variety of local birds by sight, sound and behavior.
- Review resources you can use to help identify birds.
- Acquire skills of scientific observation and data collection.
- Understand the role birds play in a balanced ecosystem and actions you can take to help.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Check back to register starting in September.