The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Falls, Forests and Ferns
This program is not available live this winter, but you can enjoy the recording.
Join DNR educator Theresa Neal from the Upper Peninsula to explore the natural ecosystems within Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Compare forests, rivers, wetlands and waterfalls with natural communities near your home. This 30-minute presentation will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Compare and contrast different natural communities.
- Learn how plants and animals are specially adapted to each community.
- Understand why continuous land is important to large animals, such as black bear, moose and wolves.
- Develop a sense of ownership for your state parks.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Registration for live programs not available this year. Check back next fall!