Hatchery to Habitat: A Michigan Fish Story
Join Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery educator Shana Ramsey from southwest Michigan to connect students to nature and learn about fish biology and how the DNR raises fish to release into Michigan waters. During our 30-minute lesson, we will meet the following objectives:
- Comprehend the complexity and science-based process of raising fish.
- Describe the life stages of fish.
- Explain the positive impacts of fish management and conservation.
- Understand threats to fisheries in Michigan.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Registration opens in Sept. for the 2022-2023 school year