Join DNR educator Katie McGlashen from the Eddy Discovery Center to explore the world of owls. These birds of prey are fascinating animals with remarkable adaptations that help them survive in a variety of habitats. Owl species occupy an important ecological niche wherever they occur. This 30-minute presentation will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the unique adaptations of sight, hearing and other physical features common to owls.
- Learn about the range and habitat needs of the three most common owl species in Michigan and their role within the ecosystem.
- Discuss ways in which we can support habitat for owls in our communities and public lands.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Registration opens in Sept. for the 2022-2023 school year