The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Join DNR educator Katie McGlashen to help you understand what watersheds are and why they are important for humans and aquatic species. We will also discuss how bodies of water within a watershed create pathways needed to support a healthy fish population. This 30-minute presentation will meet these learning outcomes:
- Learn what watersheds provide for humans and wildlife.
- Review how precipitation can follow different pathways within a watershed.
- Learn how the DNR manages watersheds within the Great Lakes basin.
- Understand how humans can impact their local watershed.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Registration opens in Sept. for the 2022-2023 school year