The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Replace lost safety certificate
Certificate requests are only processed online through eLicense.
If you previously completed a Michigan hunter, bow, marine, ORV, snowmobile or trapper education safety course and your original certificate has been lost or damaged, you may be able to obtain a copy of your certificate from the eLicense system.
Certificate information cannot be provided via phone because it contains personal information.
To request a duplicate safety certificate:
- Go to: mdnr-elicense.com
- Select the button that says, "Purchase a license, permit, and application."
- First time eLicense users will need to create a username and password to access their account.
- Once you are logged in, go to the "Certifications" tab, where you will see any certificates you have earned.
- If you earned a Michigan safety certificate more than seven days ago that is not listed, click “Certificate Help.”
- Select "Reprint" next to the certificate(s) you need a copy of and click "Submit." Your certificate(s) will be sent as one attachment to the email address associated with your eLicense account within seven days.
If you do not receive a response after seven days, please call 517-881-5914, available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST.