Skip to main content

Replace lost safety certificate

Certificate requests are only processed online through eLicense.

If you previously completed a Michigan hunter, bow, marine, ORV, snowmobile or trapper education safety course and your original certificate has been lost or damaged, you may be able to obtain a copy of your certificate from the eLicense system.

Certificate information cannot be provided via phone because it contains personal information.

To request a duplicate safety certificate:

  1. Go to:
    • Select the button that says, "Purchase a license, permit, and application."
    • First time eLicense users will need to create a username and password to access their account.
  2. Once you are logged in, go to the "Certifications" tab, where you will see any certificates you have earned.
    • If you earned a Michigan safety certificate more than seven days ago that is not listed, click “Certificate Help.”
  3. Select "Reprint" next to the certificate(s) you need a copy of and click "Submit." Your certificate(s) will be sent as one attachment to the email address associated with your eLicense account within seven days.

If you do not receive a response after seven days, please call 517-512-3360, available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST.