Skip to main content

Federal Excess Personal Property Program

FEPP program fire truck

Federal Excess Personal Property Program

About the program

The DNR can help local fire departments obtain excess federal equipment for firefighting and emergency services. The equipment is free; departments just have to cover the cost of putting it into service. Certified volunteer, municipal and city fire departments can request equipment.


Find a fire officer in your area

Contact your local fire supervisor about your equipment needs. 

Mutual aid agreement

Departments must file a cooperative mutual-aid fire control agreement with the DNR. See if your department has one.

Request federal excess property

Submit this form to your local fire supervisor to request federal excess property. We will contact you when equipment is available.