The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Registered Forester Program
Board of Foresters information
Board members promote the program, handle complaints and review applications.
File a complaint
State program requirements
View program requirements as established in state law.
Registered Forester resources
Voluntary registration is a way to let landowners know you're a professional, credentialed forester. The program is open to all Michigan foresters.
Registered Foresters must successfully complete 24 hours of continuing education every 2 years as approved by the board.
Continuing education opportunities
- Forest Industry Safe Training Alliance (Western Upper Peninsula)
- Live and on-demand forestry webinars
- International Society of Arboriculture - Michigan Chapter
- Michigan Society of American Foresters training
- Society of American Foresters - virtual and in-person training
- Michigan Sustainable Forestry Initiative - continuing education with SFI®