The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Application Processing Time:
The length of time it takes to complete the application process is dependent upon workloads of local health authorities, the Bureau of Health Facilities Engineering Services, the Bureau of Fire Services and the Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing; and the applicant's compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for licensure.
- Tutorial AFC for Application Inquiries
- Tutorial HFA for Application Inquiries
- Licensee/Applicant Rights
- AFC Family Home Technical Assistance Handbook - BCAL-PUB-340
- AFC Group Home Technical Assistance Handbook - BCAL-PUB-341
- HFA Technical Assistance Handbook - BCAL-PUB-342
- AFC Family Home Fire Safety Technical Assistance - BCAL-PUB-343
- Group Policy Content Worksheet
- Fire Safety Inspections
- On-site Inspection Worksheets
- Certification of Specialized Programs Application - BCAL-1609
- Appendix F Life Safety Code
- Medication Management Presentation