Skip to main content

Withdrawal - Foreign Corporation

Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

In the event that a foreign corporation holding a Certificate of Authority desires to withdraw from this state, it is required to file an Application for Certificate of Withdrawal (form CSCL/CD-561). A tax clearance must be requested from the Michigan Department of Treasury within 60 days of filing the withdrawal. Foreign nonprofit charitable purpose corporations must obtain a letter of consent to the withdrawal from the Michigan Attorney General before the withdrawal can be filed.