The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Renew my Corporation
PROFIT AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE CORPORATIONS
The Business Corporation Act, P.A. 284 of 1972, section 925 provides that a domestic corporation that has been automatically dissolved under section 922 and a foreign corporation whose certificate of authority has been revoked under section 922 or section 1042, may renew its corporate existence or certificate of authority by filing the reports and paying the required fees for the years for which they were not filed and for every subsequent intervening year, together with the penalties provided by section 921. Upon filing the reports and payment of the fees and penalties, the corporate existence or the certificate of authority is renewed.
Fees and penalties for reports due prior to February 24, 1978, are subject to the penalties and interest in effect on the statutory filing date. Interest accrues at such rates until the filing is completed. For automatic dissolutions/withdrawals that occurred after February 24, 1978, the fee for each prior year profit report is $75.00. If renewal is received May 15 or later, the current year report is also required with the $25.00 filing fee and the penalty fee is $10.00 per month or portion thereof, beginning May 16 (see section 921). Foreign profit corporations may owe additional fees if shares attributable to Michigan have increased.
The Nonprofit Corporation Act, P.A. 162 of 1982, section 925 provides that a domestic corporation that has been automatically dissolved under section 922 and a foreign corporation whose certificate of authority has been revoked under section 922 or section 1042, may renew its corporate existence or certificate of authority by filing the reports for the last 5 years or any lesser number of years and paying the required fees for all the years for which they were not filed together with the penalty of $5.00 for each report. Upon filing the reports and payment of the fees and penalties, the corporate existence or the certificate of authority is renewed. The fee for each prior year nonprofit report is $25.00. If renewal is received October 1 or later, the current year report is also required with $25.00.
STEPS TO DETERMINE AMOUNT OWED
1. VIEW IMAGES AND ESTIMATE FEES OWED
For corporations automatically dissolved/withdrawn 1993 or later, you can view images of all filed documents and reports using the Business Entity Search to determine which reports are delinquent and estimate what fees may be owed before proceeding with your renewal.
- For profit corporations, the report is not required to be filed in the year of incorporation or authorization.
- For nonprofit corporations formed or qualified 1996 or later, the report is not required to be filed in the year of incorporation or authorization.
2. CORP RENEW
- To proceed with the Restoration, go to: www.michigan.gov/corpfileonline
- To start the filing process, enter the CID and PIN number for the corporation. If you do not have the CID or PIN, please visit our CID/PIN Recovery Page to obtain that information.
- Once you have the-CID and PIN number, enter that information and click the Login button.
- From the list of entity forms, select either Annual Report with Changes, Annual Report With No Changes, or for nonprofit 2014 reports only, Annual Report (Year 1997-2014). Select the year of the report you wish to complete and finish the submission for that year's form. Return to the forms page to submit each individual report and please submit each report only one time. Note the years you have just submitted will still display as a filing year option so make sure not to duplicate a report that you just submitted. You will receive a separate payment receipt for each item. Once you have submitted all the individual reports, those will be reviewed within the normal processing time or expedited time if selected. Note that when expedited service is selected, the expected fees are owed for each individual item submitted.