The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
In order to form a limited partnership, two or more partners, including all of the general partners, must execute a Certificate of Limited Partnership. Existence of the limited partnership begins when the Certificate of Limited Partnership has been filed by the Bureau. A Certificate of Limited Partnership must include all of the following information:
- Name of the limited partnership, which must contain the words "Limited Partnership".
- Resident Agent and Registered Office in Michigan upon whom legal service of process may be served.
- General nature of the partnership's business.
- The term of the limited partnership.
- Name and business or residence address of each partner.
- Any agreements between partners regarding terminations, distributions of assets, dissolution and any other matters that the partners may decide to include.