The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
LARA Lobby Closures
The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) today announced that – in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 – it will close its lobbies to visits from the public. These changes are necessary to implement Governor Whitmer’s recommendations regarding social distancing and public gatherings and are effective immediately for the following:
- Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC)
- Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC)
- Michigan Indigent Defense Commission (MIDC)
- Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules (MOAHR)
- Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA)
- Bureau of Construction Codes (BCC)
- Bureau of Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing (CSCL)
- Bureau of Professional Licensing (BPL)
- Bureau of Fire Services (BFS)
- Bureau of Community and Health Systems (BCHS)
LARA offices will continue to serve the public; stakeholders are encouraged to make payments online at www.michigan.gov/LARA and correspond with LARA staff via the website, email, and telephone (517-335-9700). These changes will remain effective as long as necessary for the health and safety of the public.