- List of Food License Exemptions - Does your business qualify?
Some firms do not require a food establishment license but are still subject to inspection by MDARD or local agencies.
- Country of Origin Labeling: What Businesses Need to Know
Read about important changes to the federal Country of Origin Labeling requirements that may affect you and your business.
- Food Establishment Licensing Details & FAQ
- Food Establishment Licensing Step-by-Step Guide
This step-by-step guide will help you understand the specifics of starting a food establishment business falling directly under Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development jurisdiction.
- Michigan Food Establishment License Application
This application form applies to food establishments licensed by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. For more information as to where particular establishments are licensed, see the article, "Determine Which Agency to Contact".
- Who needs a license to sell food?
A food establishment license is required in almost all instances where food is commercially handled or served to the general public.
- Food Establishment Licensing Guide: Determine which agency to contact
Who Should I Contact?
- Do I Need a Plan Review?
Some establishments may be required to submit plans and specifications to the licensing agency.
- Licensed Under Other Acts
- License Type Guide with Associated Fees
- Other Considerations
Change of Ownership, Fair Licensing and STFUs
- Other Agencies
- License Expiration Dates