The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Department of State revokes Saginaw vehicle dealers license
February 04, 2022
SAGINAW - The Michigan Department of State (MDOS) has revoked the dealer license of a Saginaw auto dealer for multiple violations of the Michigan Vehicle Code.
Carey Butterfield, owner of Butterfields Used Cars and Wholesaling, 4756 Dixie Highway, appeared at an administrative hearing on Oct. 26, 2021, to address violations of the Michigan Vehicle Code including:
- fraudulently signing documents
- exceeding authority as a dealer
- failing to properly complete applications for title and registrations
- failing to apply for title and registration within 15 days of vehicle delivery
- failing to provide notice of an inventory loan for vehicles
- failing to comply with previous alternative penalty agreements
The business was previously served a summary suspension in March 2019. On Dec. 22, 2021, an MDOS administrative law examiner ordered the dealer license to be revoked, effective Feb. 1.
Consumers who have a complaint against Butterfields Used Cars & Wholesaling are encouraged to call the Office of Investigative Services automotive complaint line at 517-335-1410.
# # #