Michigan Civilian Conservation Corps / AmeriCorps positions
Do you love the outdoors? You can work with the DNR Parks and Recreation Division to gain hands-on experience in ecological restoration, forest health, horticulture or sign manufacturing. The Michigan Civilian Conservation Corps is a career training program geared toward those that want to learn what it's like to work in the natural resources field. MCCC members are limited term and can serve up to two years.
Gain incredible experience
- Spend time outdoors everyday.
- Gain valuable technical training.
- Work in a team environment and gain valuable life skills.
- Work to protect some of Michigan’s most rare plants, animals and natural communities.
- Work with natural resource professionals.
- Work in a scenic state park location.
- Earn professional certifications in basic firefighting, pesticide certification and first aid.
- Members have the opportunity to join AmeriCorps and earn national educational service awards up to $6,095 in 2020 for national service here in Michigan. Service awards may be used for qualifying forms of higher education from vocational training to graduate school, or may be used to repay existing, qualified student loans.
- Earn paid leave for career development opportunities, paid school leave and paid personal leave.
- No experience is required.
- Must be between 18 and 27 years of age (inclusive).
- Must be a high school graduate or have obtained a GED.
- Must be a Michigan resident.
- You must be able to provide a government-issued social security card.
- You must be able to provide a government-issued ID (ie. valid driver’s license).
- You must undergo an NSOPW, criminal history check and, in some cases, an FBI fingerprint check prior to being considered.
Learn about MCCC positions
How to apply
Submit your resume and DNR's non-career employment application. Applications are accepted year-round for positions of various lengths. Resumes and applications can be mailed or emailed to the contact included on the position descriptions.