The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Seasonal park interpreters / explorer guides
Join a team dedicated to sharing nature!
Each year, we hire seasonal staff all around Michigan to conduct educational programs in state parks and DNR visitor centers. These enthusiastic, nature-minded folks lead hikes and activities and present fun programs that shine a spotlight on each park's unique resources. These positions have the best office views around!
Get great experience
- Starting pay between $10.20 and $13.00 an hour, depending on location.
- Attend training in hands-on environmental education activities.
- Increase your knowledge of forests, insects, pond life and other topics.
- Create age-appropriate activities and programs.
- Present programs to children and adults, often within a family setting.
- Daily opportunities to practice professional speaking skills.
- Develop marketing skills by selling parks and park programs to the public.
- Develop community relationship skills through local outreach.
Enjoy a great work environment
- Spend time outdoors every day.
- Share knowledge of nature and outdoor skills with others.
- Work in a scenic state park location.
Steps to apply - Interviews will be held at various locations each year beginning in March and continuing until all positions have been filled.
- Fill out the DNR's non-career employment application.
- List locations that you are able to work on the application. See a list of DNR visitor centers and state parks with explorer guides.
- Submit your resume, DNR employment application and location preferences to: DNR-ExplorersProgram@Michigan.gov