The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Wildlife Habitat Grant Program
The primary goal of this program is to enhance and improve the quality and quantity of game species habitat in support of specific goals from the Wildlife Division's strategic plan, Guiding Principles and Strategies - The GPS, specifically GPS Goal 2 - Manage habitat for sustainable wildlife populations in a changing environment.
Applications are evaluated based on established criteria in the "Wildlife Habitat Grant Program" handbook, which is available under the "Forms and Information for Applicants" section below.
Any local, state, federal or tribal units of government, profit or non-profit groups or individuals.
- Submittal of grant application with all supporting documentation.
- Evaluation by DNR staff.
- Awards announced by DNR Director.
Application must be postmarked by due date stated on the schedule described within the "Wildlife Habitat Grant Program" handbook.
- RFP goes out January 30, 2023
- Applications due March 16, 2023*
- Awards announced by May 2023
- Project period begins upon execution of grant agreement
- Project periods are two years
*Applications must be submitted in the MiGrants online system
- Minimum grant request amount: $15,000
- Maximum grant request amount: Amount of funds appropriated in a given fiscal year, typically around $1 million
- Minimum match of 10% is required
Source of funds
Revenue generated from the sale of hunting and fishing licenses.
Part 5 of Act 451, P.A. 1994, as amended.