The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Timber Sale Preparation Services Contract Information
Contracted foresters must be pre-qualified to bid on timber sale preparation work on state forest land. The work is offered under the Terms and Conditions and can include tree marking, tree measurements, point cruising, boundary marking and other sale preparation services.
Contractors can become qualified any time by submitting a Statement of Qualifications. Mail the completed form to:
DNR Procurement Services
PO Box 30028
Lansing, MI 48909
Appendices to the terms and conditions:
- DNR Forest Resources Division Management Unit Map
- DNR Forest Resources Division Timber Management Specialists Geographic Areas
- Timber Sale Prescription Form - R4038
- The Compleat Marker: A Guide to Managing Northern Hardwoods on Michigan State Forests and Addendum to The Complete Marker
- Within-Stand Retention Reference Guide - IC4110-1
- Within-Stand Retention Guidelines - IC4110
- Product Standards and Cruising Manual - IC4057
- Checklist for Contractor Prepared Timber Sale - R4102