The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
A number of rules, regulations and policies were put in place to enhance safety, create a welcoming environment and protect parks and campgrounds for future generations.
Alcohol restrictions at state parks and recreation areas
You may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage within the following described locations April 1 through Labor Day without written authorization of the park manager:
- Fort Custer Recreation Area - entire park.
- Holly Recreation Area - day-use areas south of McGinnis Road.
- Island Lake Recreation Area- day-use areas in park, excluding rented shelters.
- Metamora-Hadley Recreation Area - day-use areas in park.
- Muskegon State Park - day-use area.
- Pinckney Recreation Area - rented shelters in the Silver Lake and Halfmoon day-use areas.
- P. J. Hoffmaster State Park - campground.
- Proud Lake Recreation Area - day-use area east of Wixom Road.
- Seven Lakes State Park - day-use areas of the park.
- Sterling State Park - day-use areas in park.
- Van Buren State Park - day-use and beach area.
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area - Gun Lake day-use area.
March 1 through Sept. 30, you may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage in the following locations:
- Grand Mere State Park - entire park.
April 1 through Sept. 30, you may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage in the following locations:
- Brighton Recreation Area - Bishop Lake day-use area.
- Warren Dunes State Park - entire park.
You may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage at any time within the following described locations, without written authorization of the park manager:
- Belle Isle Park - entire park.
- Dodge #4 State Park - entire park.
- Grand Haven State Park - entire park.
- Holland State Park - entire park.
- Maybury State Park - entire park.
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area - day-use areas in the park.
- William G. Milliken State Park and harbor - entire park/harbor.
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area - Deep Lake campground, mountain bike parking lot and boating access site 8-18.
Alcohol restrictions at boating access sites
Consuming alcoholic beverages or possessing an open alcoholic beverage are not allowed at locations below. This prohibition does not apply while on a vessel.
- Big lake boating access site 3-1, section 14, T2N R12W, Allegan County
- Green lake boating access site 3-4, section 10, T4N R11W, Allegan County.
- Lake sixteen boating access site 3-9, section 16, T2N R11W, Allegan County.
- Irving road boating access site 8-5, section 31, T4N R9W, Barry County.
- Bristol lake boating access site 8-11, section 10, T1N R8W, Barry County.
- Airport road boating access site 8-32, section 10, T3N R9W, Barry County.
- Benton harbor boating access site 11-12, section 24, T4S R14W, Berrien County.
- Jasper dairy road boating access site, 11-13, section 27, T5S R18W, Berrien County.
- Buchanan boating access site 11-8, section 23, T7S R18W, Berrien County.
- Goguac lake boating access site 13-2, section 14, T2S R8W, Calhoun County.
- Hemlock lake boating access site 14-7, section 3, T5S R13W, Cass County.
- Lake Fenton boating access site 25-2, section 14, T5N R6E, Genesee County.
- Lake Ponemah boating access site 25-3, section 22, T5N R6E, Genesee County.
- Long lake boating access site 34-2, section 3, T8N R7W, Ionia County.
- East Tawas mooring facility (May 15 to Sept.15), Iosco County.
- Sherman lake boating access site 39-2, section 29, T1S R9W, Kalamazoo County.
- Morrow pond boating access site 39-5, section 22, T2S R10W, Kalamazoo County.
- Eagle lake boating access site 39-6, section 9, T3S R12W, Kalamazoo County.
- Rupert lake boating access site 39-9, section 5, T1S R12W, Kalamazoo County.
- Sugar loaf lake boating access site 39-11, section 5, T4S R11W, Kalamazoo County.
- Austin lake boating access site 39-14, section 26, T3S R11W, Kalamazoo County.
- Murray lake boating access site 41-1, section 33, T8N R9W, Kent County.
- Campau lake boating access site 41-2, section 12, T5N R10W, Kent County.
- Camp lake boating access site 41-4, section 18, T9N R11W, Kent County.
- Harley Ensign memorial boating access site 50-1, section 15, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Selfridge boating access site 50-3, section 5, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Clinton river cutoff boating access site 50-7, section 30, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Little Whitefish lake boating access site 59-9, section 8, T11N R10W, Montcalm County.
- Orchard lake boating access site 63-1, section 14, T2N R9E, Oakland County.
- Tackles drive boating access site 63-4, section 13, T3N R8E, Oakland County.
- Tipsico lake boating access site 63-18, section 30, T4N R7E, Oakland County.
- Lake George boating access site 65-16, section 18, T21N R2E, Ogemaw County (May 20 through Sept. 15).
- Lake St. Helen boating access site 72-14, section 21, T23N R1W, Roscommon County (May 20 through Sept. 14).
- Klinger lake boating access site 75-2, section 2, T8S R11W, St. Joseph County.
- Fishers lake boating access site 75-3, section 34, T5S R11W, St. Joseph County.
- Clear lake boating access site 75-4, section 17, T6S R12W, St. Joseph County.
- Gravel lake boating access site 80-3, section 31, T4S R13W, Van Buren County.
- Van Auken boating access site 80-7, section 33, T2S R16W, Van Buren County.
- Three mile lake boating access site 80-8, section 21, T3S R14W, Van Buren County.
- Lake Cora boating access site 80-10, section 18, T3S R14W, Van Buren County.
- North Channel boating access site 74-1, section 9, T2N R16E, St. Clair County.