Skip to main content

Residential Builders Prelicensure Education Sponsor Information

All courses and instructors who want to teach prelicensure education for Residential Builders or M&A Contractors must be approved by the Building Division of the Bureau of Construction Codes. You must submit a complete Builder Prelicensure Course Packet.

The subject matter of the prelicensure and continuing competency activities may be offered by a high school, intermediate school district, community college, university, Bureau of Construction Codes, Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, trade association, or a proprietary school licensed by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs as meeting the subject matter and instructional qualifications described in Article 24 of the Occupational Code.

Questions regarding licensing requirements should be directed to the Bureau's Residential Builders' Section at 517-241-9309.