The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Uniform Securities Act, Article 3
- The burden of proof for qualifying for an exemption, exception, preemption or exclusion is on the person claiming the exemption, exception, preemption or exclusion.
- Michigan is now requiring online filing of Regulation D filings through the North American Securities Administrators Association’s (NASAA) electronic filing depository (EFD) system. Michigan is among the 48 states participating in online filing of Form D through the EFD. The EFD website also enables the public to search and view, free of charge, filings made through EFD with state securities regular. EFD is available at: https://www.efdnasaa.org.
- Beginning March 16, 2009, electronic filing on the new Form D became mandatory at the federal level. Issuers filing electronically with the SEC should allow ample time to obtain an EDGAR access code prior to filing.
- If filing an amendment, please include the Michigan file number, the date of the original filing, and indicate that the filing is an amendment. Preference is for a notice only that an amendment has been filed with the SEC.
- Annual renewals are not required.
- Michigan does not require a termination date to be set forth in the original filing.
- Michigan does not require an additional letter of termination upon completion of the offering.
- Michigan does not require an acknowledgement as to the dollar amount of the offering sold in Michigan.
- Michigan does not require a statement of the amount sold in all the 50 states and territories.
- There is not a dollar requirement to be exempt from the State of Michigan for Regulation D.
- Michigan does not recognize Rule 504 and 505 filings; you may wish to review the statute to find an applicable exemption. Rule 504 and 505 filings cannot be done with a Regulation D form.
- SEC Guide on Form D Filing Process
- SEC Information on “Accredited Investor” Net Worth Standard
- Michigan Uniform Securities Act
- New Administrative Rules (PDF) (effective 7.3.19)
- Electronic Filing Depository (EFD)
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau (CS&CL)
Securities and Audit Division
Address: PO Box 30018, Lansing, MI 48909
Overnight Mail (FedEx/UPS): 2407 N. Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906
Phone: (517) 335-5237
Fax: (517) 763-0039